This post is written by Vibha maam about RTE Act 2009, how to apply and what are the criteria of admission eligibility by school under Right to Education Act.
This article is sponsored by SKY Children Academy also known as Bachpan Play School, Laksar, Haridwar.
Information about RTE Act 2009
Free compulsory education, 25% reservation in private schools for socially and economically backward classes children to reduce the gap between rich and poor society.
This is stated as per the 86th constitution amendment Act via article 21A.
To apply for admission, the schools need to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Private schools shall admit at least 25% of children of BPL category in their schools without any fee.
- No child shall be held back, expelled or required to pass a board examination until the completion of elementary education.
- RTE Act 2009, prohibits all kind of physical punishment and mental harassment, discrimination based on their caste, creed and status.
- The RTE Act lays down norms and standards relating to pupil-teacher-ratio, classrooms, separate toilets for girls and boys, drinking water facility, number of school working days, working hours of teachers.
India has to comply with these sets of norms to maintain the minimum standard set by the Right To Education (RTE) Act.
This act cast a legal obligation on the state and Central Government to execute the fundamental right of a child.
The act provides freedom to choose the kind of institution like public or private to BPL category children.
Children are admitted to private school free of cost, no capitation fees, no interview of the child or parents for admission.
The Right To Education Act, also includes the provisions of textbooks, uniforms, stationery items for children to reduce the school expense burden.
RTE introduced the Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) system in 2009 grade-appropriate learning outcomes in schools.
Eligibility for Admission under RTE Act
The RTE Act makes it mandatory for all private schools. Children in the age group of 6 to 14 years are eligible for admission under RTE.
The child’s family income shouldn’t exceed more than 3.5 lakhs per annum for all the sources of income.
How to Apply for Admission under RTE
- Visit the official website of RTE
- Register and get application number
- The application number and password will be sent on the registered mobile
- After getting your application number, login to your account.
- Enter the child’s and parents’ details
- Locate the address of list School nearby your house within 1-3 km range
- After selecting the school, select the required standard or class
- Upload the required documents and confirm the application
- After final submission, take the printed application along with the required documents for further reference in the admission process in the school.
Required Documents for the RTE
- Income and Caste Certificate issued by competent authority
- Birth Certificate of applicant
- Aadhar card of applicant
- Aadhar card of applicant and parent (address proof)
Selection Process by the School
- The school having more vacancies and fewer number of applications will allot the seat to all or any applicant.
- If a school has fewer vacancies, it will use a lottery system.
- The lottery system is to be generated by the district administration .
- The selection list is to be published on the system
- The list also available under application login for folks
- The admit card can be printed from the system.
- School will admit the scholars as approached by parents after completing all the procedures required by the Act.
Official website of RTE Uttarakhand- https://rte121c-ukd.in/uttarakhand
Share this note with your friends and classmates and also comment in the comment section below.
Click here to read the article about New Education Policy (NEP).
very informative article ma’am
itna sab kuchh government ki taraf se kiya ja raha hai phir bhi reservation khatam nahi ho raha 🤔